Speed up your computer in minutes
Sorry, your internet browser is out of date.
To display data correctly on this website, please update to the latest versionor install a new browser for free, such as Avast Secure Browser or Google Chrome.
A feature of many of our programs is the ability to automatically update. When clients are connected to the Internet, adware pattern updates are downloaded and generated automatically without user intervention. The presence of a new version is checked online at the time of connection and almost four hours after that. Update files can also be downloaded from these sites, for example, if the computer does not have an Internet tandem. Updates are usually released daily.
Is Avast a trusted Antivirus?
Is Avast a good antivirus solution? Usually yes. Avast is another good antivirus that offers a high level of protection. The basic version has many features but does not protect against ransomware.
Note: virus database updates do not require reinstallation of the program type!
Upgrade Avast VPS
How can I update my Avast Antivirus?
Open Avast Antivirus and simply go to ☰ Menu ▸ Settings.Choose General ▸ Update.In the application location, click More options.Choose your favorite collection: Auto-update (enabled by default): Changes are downloaded and installed regularly.
Avast Antivirus is set to update automatically Not when new virus definitions or a new version of your application becomes available. We highly recommend leaving these programmatic updates enabled. It can also perform manual updates and prevent the app from downloading and installing updates without your permission.
This article clearly shows you how to manually update virus classifications and application versions, and mainly how to change the update options that you have developed.
Update Virus Definitions Manually
Avast Antivirus works with a database of known virus updates to detect malware and other threats on your PC. To manually check for and install virus definition updates, follow these steps:
- Right-click the Avast icon in the Windows taskbar notification area and select Update – Engine and Virus Definitions.
- If Avast does not check for updates for your antivirus, click Check for Updates.
- Please wait while your Avast antivirus checks for configuration and virus definition updates.
- After When the update is completed, you will see each status: Maximum number of virus definitions.
- You may need to edit your computer to complete your editing. When prompted, click Restart Now to restart your computer immediately.
Update Application Manually
App updates contain various bug fixes and general improvements. Of course, updating the Avast Antivirus application will update the antivirus engine and symbols. To manually check and organize virus definition updates for applications and PCs, do the following:
- Usually right-click the Avast icon in the warning area of the Windows taskbar, but select Update → Program.
- If Avast does not automatically check for updates for your antivirus, click Check for Updates. Till
- Wait for Avast Antivirus medical tests and install application updates.
- When a particular update is complete, you will see a status message: Your Is the app really up to date.
- You may need to restart your computer to complete the update. When prompted, simply run Restart Now to restart your computer immediately.
Change Virus Definition Update Settings
Does Avast interfere with Windows updates?
Avast Antivirus version 19.5 or earlier may not be compatible with Wind (May 2019 Update) and will be available soon. Windows 10 Automatic Updates requires you to reinstall your favorite Avast antivirus product after installation is complete.
- Open Avast Antivirus and navigate to
~°→ Menu Settings.
- Select General – Update.
- In the Virus Definitions section, select Advanced Options.
- Choose the best option:
- Auto Update (enabled by default): Updates will continue to be downloaded and installed automatically on a regular basis. You may need to restart your computer to perform another update. When prompted, click Restart Now to restart your computer immediately.
- Ask when an update is available: Notifies you when new virus definitions are available. Your confirmation is required to complete the update.
- Manual update (not recommended): ads are not installed automaticallyTechnically, and buyers are not notified of new pollution definitions.
- Enable Continuous Update (enabled by default): Always downloads micro-updates even if new malware is detected.
Download this software now to clean up your computer.