Last week, some of our readers ran into a known bug related to bug 3847 of the PVC tracker. There are a number of factors that can cause this problem. Let’s discuss this below.
Speed up your computer in minutes
This entire blog is still dedicated to fixing one of the very common Access runtime errors: “3847 ODBCDirect is no longer supported.” So, if you still encounter this problem frequently, take a look at the fixes mentioned in this article.
I got this project to fix error 3847 “ODBCDirect is not supported by Informix-DB. I don’t know where to start ….
Faint WsODBC as workspace
Dim when connecting cnAccis
Dim rsProgram as a recordset
Dim strSQL as string
Set wsODBC = DBEngine.CreateWorkspace (“NewODBC”, “rptacd”, “rpt11”, dbUseODBC) This <- hangs halfway
The definition of cnAccis means wsODBC.OpenConnection (“AccisConnection”, _
dbDriverNoPrompt, “odbc; database = acd ;;; dsn = AccisLookup “)
strSQL = â € œ choose from 4. Program, where Program_Number with â € & txtPrNum & â € â € â €
Set rsProgram = cnAccis.OpenRecordset (strSQL, dbOpenDynaset)
Now it’s time for you to turn off the info so that ODBCDirect is no longer supported. Error code 3847. Rewrite the code to help in place of DAO.
Error Details: “ODBCDirect Still Not Supported”
To be fullTo understand the problem, you first need to fully understand the error. So, on this page you will find all the details pointing to error 3847.
Error name: ODBCDirect is no longer supported
Description: ODBCDirect number: error is no longer supported. Rewrite your code to use DAO instead.
Software: Microsoft Access
Microsoft ActiveX Data Objects (ADO) is a COM-based package for accessing lists such as SQL Server or data websites such as Excel spreadsheets.
- Tao …
The data access object is dao, a design pattern in purposeful software development. Create an essential object that provides a modern interface for some kind of database, perhaps a persistence mechanism.
- Rewrite –
This means the URL will be rewritten, possibly when trying to restructure the URL to improve readability or SEO.
- Rewrite –
The URL rewriting engine is software , which changes the URL rewriting of the web address.
On Runtime Error 3847
Error 3847 Education Access occurs when Microsoft Access crashes or may crash when running. This does not mean that the program is damaged in any way, but it can cause runtime problems. An error that caused a notification to appear on someone’s screen if not processed or stopped completely.
Symptoms Of Access Runtime Error 3847 – Odbcdirect Is No Longer Supported
Learning error 3847 is accessed without warning. This error message always appears on the screen when starting MS during access. Well, there will be many more error messages or dialog boxes if they are not fixed in the first steps.
You may also notice the sudden deletion of files or sometimes the new visual appeal of the file. This symptom is mainly caused by an infectious virus. Sometimes it can also lead to a sudden drop in your internet connection speed.
You May Also Like:
Reasons For Error 3847 “ODBCDirect Is No Longer Supported”
Meanwhile, when developing software, programmers’ prefixes anticipate errors. However, there is no perfect design, and mistakes can always be expected with the best design program. Faults occur at runtime if various bugs are not corrected during design and testing.
The runtime generated an error due to incompatible programs that were currently running. It can also happen due to memory problems due to nota working video driver or infection of the laptop or computer. Consequently, it becomes necessary to continue to face problems. Here are the following fixes to fix the error.
How To Fix “ODBCDirect Is No Longer Supported” Access Error
While slippage during 3847 operation can be annoying and aggressive, it can be corrected. It’s simple.
Method 1. Close Conflicting Programs
Typically a runtime error occurs due to a program conflict. The first thing you can do if you want to fix this problem is to eliminate any conflicts between these programs; Ctrl-Alt-Del
- Click fully to open the Task Manager. This will help you see the list of running programs.
- Now go to the Lessons tab and stop the program one by one, highlighting each one. You will then be taken to the “End Process” option.
- You should check if a communication error occurs every time you stop the best process. Define
- Once the program returns an error, you can go tonext troubleshooting step in the future and reinstall the app.
Method 2. Updating By Reinstalling Conflicting Programs
- In Windows 7, click to launch the button, then click Control Panel and uninstall the program.
- For Windows 8 users: Lock the Start button, then look down and click More and Sites, then Control Panel> Uninstall a specific program.
- Go to the search box and advanced control here on Windows 10 PC. After that, you bite the result and then the uninstall tool.
- After accessing the programs and therefore the function settings on your PC, click the problematic program and the corresponding cable to update or uninstall it.
- If you just want to update a parameter, you just need to follow the prompt to complete the process. However, if buyers choose to uninstall the program, they will follow the uninstall prompt and download the program again or create an application to reinstall the program.
Method 3 – Reinstall The Runtime Libraries
You may encounter this error, which ODBCDirect no longer supports, because a great update such as the MS Visual C ++ package may not load correctly or completely. Sometimes, you may want to uninstall the current installation of a package and create a completely new copy.
- First you need to uninstall the Programs and Features policy, locate but highlight Microsoft Visual C ++ Redistributable Package.
- Click Remove to be at the top of the list of connected connections and restart your computer.
- Download and install the Microsoft Redistributable Package.
Method 4 – Run Disk Cleanup
You can get aThis error 3847 Access to the Teachings due to very cheap free space on your computer.
- Allowing them to back up and share files to free up hard drive space is good.
- Clear this and restart your computer in the cache.
- You can also just run Disk CleanUp, open an explorer window and create a suitable root directory in your directory.
- Touch the most important properties, then click Disk Cleanup.
If the steps above do not work for you, the client can back up the files and reinstall the enhancements on your PC. However, you can do this later because the solution given here in this article did not work.
This software helps to transparently restore and restore ACCDB and MDB databases and restores each one including object tables, reports, requests, certificates, forms S and indexes, as well as elements, macros, etc. Fix your Microsoft Access complaint now in 3 easy steps:
Do you still have problems? Fix them with Stellar Repair for Access:
This software provides a hassle-free recovery and recovery of ACCDB and MDB databases, and also recovers all objects including tables, reports, queries, records and forms, indexes, as well as web templates, macros, etc. Fix aspects Microsoft Access now in 3 easy steps:
Pearson is a longtime domain content writer and content consultant. He is also an avid reader often. Hence, he knows quite well how to write content for readers. For him, writing is a full-fledged and growing asset. He enjoys learning his MS Access knowledge and sharing tech blogs.
Download this software now to clean up your computer.